How to Get Rid of a Farmer’s Tan
There is nothing more summer-looking than a good tan. So you go out there, enjoying the heat of the sun. After a day of fun-filled activities under the sun, you go home and see that perfect skin color—your face, neck, arms… just perfect! Then you take your shirt off and you find yourself in shock because while your face and arms are looking great with that tan, the rest of your body isn’t. So you see tan lines in all the wrong places.
The tan lines can run through your neck, forehead, forearms, wrist and ankles. It is caused when you wear shirts, blouses, trousers while you are under the heat of the sun. So by this time, you know that when you want to get an even tan all over your body it is preferred to wear bikinis for girls and shirtless for boys. However if you do have the farmer’s tan already, you only have two choices, get rid of the tan or have the rest of the body tanned. Here are few tips:
Exfoliate (to get rid of the tan)
There are a lot of products that you can use to exfoliate. Baking soda, Witch Hazel, Hydrogen peroxide and loofah sponge are just some of them. The key is to remove all dead skin so that your skin will go lighter. When using products to exfoliate, make sure that you only choose one product and don’t try to use them together. Read the proper instruction on how to use them and follow it properly. This may take a while so be very patient when it comes to this kind of process.
- Baking soda: dampen your skin with warm water then apply baking soda on affected skin. Rub and gently massage the baking soda to your skin then rinse thoroughly. For best results, use you preferred toner and apply that after the baking soda process.
- Witch Haze: put a small amount of witch hazel on a clean cloth and apply gently to the surface of the affected skin. Rinse thoroughly the pat dry.
- Hydrogen peroxide: put a small amount of hydrogen peroxide on a clean cloth then apply this to your skin gently. Leave it for a good minute and then rinse.
Sunless tan (to have the rest of your body match the color of your tanned skin)
If you are really decided to have that tan color, the best plan is to just have the rest of your body tanned too. There is a couple of sunless tan that you can do.
- Tanning lotion: There are a lot of tanning lotions available in drug stores and beauty shops. Just be very mindful of the exact color that you are going to use. Ask for assistance if you are not sure about that. If you already have the product, read the instructions and follow it properly.
- Tanning salon: If you are not confident of doing the tanning by yourself, have a specialized place to handle that for you. Explain you situation so they can adjust their equipments. It is best that you use the tanning bed as it is perfect to get rid of the farmer’s tan. The best part about this is that you will get a consistent tan to all parts of your body.