How to Get Rid of Cache
Cache is simply a short-term storage. The user will spend less time as cache is used to speed up computer operations when using the internet by temporarily storing data that can be accessed faster. So when you access a data, it may be cached temporarily in a high-speed memory so that the next time you access the same data, it can just be read and written more quickly. This can definitely help you whenever you search something or go to pages that you always visit.
However, as cache is being saved, it builds up and keeps on using your computer’s memory. Thus, it can slow down your computer and can really be infuriating especially when you are in a hurry. The trick is to regularly delete your cache to avoid computer lag. Here’s how:
- Once your Firefox browser is open, locate the Tools Menu then click it.
- A dropdown menu will appear then from there click Options. You will be prompted with the options box. From there, click the Advanced panel then click on the Network tab.
- You will then see the Offline Storage section then click on the Clear Now button.
- After that, click OK then close the box.
Internet Explorer 8
- Once you have loaded your Internet Explorer 8 browser, locate the Tools menu which is located at the upper left portion of the browser then click it.
- At the very bottom, click on the Internet Options then wait for the internet options box to appear. It would notice that it is on default with the General tab as the selected tab. In the Browsing Internet section, click the Delete button.
- Now you will be prompted with a box that contains the options that you want to delete (history, temporary internet files, cookies).
- Click on the delete button then wait for the computer to process it.
- Afterwards, just close out the box and you can resume your activity.
- After you have opened your Google Chrome browser, click the Tools menu located at the upper right corner.
- Select the Options and click the Under The Hood tab.
- When you see a Clear Browsing Data option there, click it. You will a couple of options that you would wish to delete.
- Check the ones that you want to delete. You can also choose a specific period of time that you would want to delete the cached information.
- Just use the Clear Data From This Period dropdown menu. Then click the Clear Browsing Data whenever you are ready.